Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Decongestants are drugs that are used to clear congestion caused by either allergic rhinitis or the common cold. These drugs can safely by most patients. However, these drugs have a list of precautions that must be followed. If one fails to follow these precautions, the chances of one suffering from adverse reactions tend to go up.
Several of these decongestants contain chemicals that have adverse reactions. But before discussing about decongestants one should know the causes of congestions. Congestions does not mean a runny nose, rather it means a stuffy nose.
In the case of infants congestion happens when the nasal membranes begin to swell. This can be due to infection or irritation. It can also happen when nasal mucus starts obstructing the nasal passage ways. Since the sinus passage way is not open in infants. Thus when they suffer from congestion feeding them is a difficult task and putting them to sleep is even more difficult.
Giving infants cold medication including decongestants is not the right solution. In fact it has been proved these medications are counter productive. There are several natural remedies that you can use to get rid of congestions.
You can steam open these nasal congestions. First you should steam up the bathroom and then give your baby a warm bath. You and the baby can stay in the steamed bathroom for around 10-15 minutes. Placing a vaporizer in your babys room can also help solve infant naval congestion. Just be sure to give sufficient space between the vaporizer and your baby.
You can also use either breast milk or saline solutions to sooth the inflamed and loosen the dried mucus that might be blocking the nasal passage. This kind of saline spray can be bought.
Author recommends to read more aboutÂ Nasal Aspirators.
Finger pulse Oximeter is an electronic powered medical device that is used to monitor indirectly the oxygen saturation in the patients blood. The device also monitors the change in the blood volume in the patients skin. It then produces photoplethysmograph using both. The device is quite often connected to a medical monitor, so that the staff can see the oxygenation level of the patient at all times. Majority of these devices can also show patients heart rate. You also haveÂ portable Oxygen pulse oximeter that battery-operated. These can be used by the patients to measure his or her blood-oxygen level in the comfort of their homes.
The device was invented by Millikan during the 1940s. It was in 1972 that the present day pulse oximeter was developed. Aoyagi of Nihon Kohden developed this model.
This device displays the amount of arterial hemoglobin present in the oxyhemoglobin configuration. The value that is acceptable is between 95 and 100 %. However it is common for the value to fall as low as 90 %.
The device is useful in situations where the patients oxygenation level is unstable like operating, intensive care, and hospital ward settings. The portable devices usually run of one or two batteries (AAA) and they use the minimal amount of energy. These devices are small and portable which makes it easy people to use it.
Athletes and mountain climbers whose oxygen levels might decrease with exercise or at high altitude will find this device useful. In fact certain devices have a software that maintains the both the pulse and the blood oxygen level of the patient. This chart will remind the patient to check their blood oxygen levels.
This device, however, has its limitations. It cant guarantee that the readings are absolutely correct. If you give 100% oxygen to a person who is suffering from hypoventilation he or she will show excellent blood oxygen levels even when he or she is still suffering from a condition called respiratory acidosis. This condition is caused by the presence of excess of carbon dioxide.
The popularity of this device is growing fast and it is found in almost all hospitals.
In working with organizations, continuous improvement and development are a must. You do not only have to develop skills and competencies but you also have to enhance the non-tangible aspects of your team such as interpersonal relationships, leadership style, conflict resolution and strategic visioning. One of the different ways you can enhance the non-tangible aspects of your team performance is by conducting a teambuilding activity.
A teambuilding activity provides numerous benefits for your team that will indirectly lead to better performance. It will give you the opportunity to get to know each of your co-members better not just in a professional manner but also in a personal level. By getting to know your colleagues better, you get to know your team better. By doing such, you will be able to identify the strategies you need to bring your team to greater heights. In addition, a teambuilding provides you the opportunity to spend time with your colleagues in a non-corporate environment.
The Discover Card has now been available since 1985. I remember getting a Discover Card in 1989, when it was still a somewhat new thing to have, and it’s still hard for me to believe that they’ve been around for over 25 years now. How did Discover Card Services get to be such a success story?
No Annual Fee
One of the reasons that Discover Card took off in popularity so quickly was that they never charged an annual fee. Visa and MasterCard both charge annual fees, although in order to compete with Discover, they now have no annual fee credit card options available.
Discover Card’s biggest selling point has always been their cashback bonuses program, which enables customers to get a certain amount of cash back from every purchase they make. Admittedly, this is a tiny percentage of what you spend, but if you use your Discover Card often and pay off the balance at the end of the month, then it’s a logical way to go about things.
The Future for Discover Card Services
I’m not sure what the future holds for Discover Card Services. They don’t seem to be the ubiquitous brand that they once were, but maybe I’m just out of touch. I know this much. I enjoy my Discover Card, and I don’t plan to use Visa or MasterCard as long as I can still use my Discover Card.
See also: How to Get a Credit Card
Knitting stitches are creative form of fine art which requires more than just imagination. Knitting stitches require a co-ordinated mind and equally co-ordinated hands to give shape to a plain piece of cloth.
Knitting is an expression of art, in which the yarn or the piece of thread comprises of pulling loops through each other. This can be done through hand or machine and there are various styles and methods through which one can experiment. There are different types of needles and threads that can change the entire get-up of the material that is being stitched. Without exception to rule, the purl stitch and the knit stitch, are present in every piece of stitched clothing. There are different types of knitting stitches, which will be discussed in the following lines.
- Cast on- There are many ways to cast on, and each of them give a slightly varied finish. There are two versions of cast on- one with one needle, thumb cast on and for a slightly neater finish, the two needle cast on.
- Cast Off- While knitting stitches, it is important to make a neat finish to give a good edge for sewing together.
- Knit Stitch- It is one of the most essentials of knitting. To knit hats or scarves one needs to master knit stitches. These can be knit by using garter stitch. This form of knitting is the one in which every single row is knitted.
- Purl Stitch- It is quite opposite to knit stitch. The yarn is held to the front of the knitting and the right needle is inserted from the back to the front into the first stitch on the left needle. The index finger can be used to wind the yarn around and down the right needle in a counter clockwise.
- Garter Stitch- It involves every row in flat knitting. It is a very effective form of stitching for beginners. It is often used at the beginning and he end of a row to create flat, non-curling edges.
- Ribbing stitch- This form of stitches is usually found at the hems and cuffs of sweaters. It is an elastic form of knitting stitches and is narrower than some other stitches such as stockinette.
- Stockinette- It is one of the commonly used knitting patterns. One row is knit, followed by purl in the next, and a repetition of the pattern. They usually curl at the edges when not combined with other stitches such as non-curling, stitch patterns. There are two sides to it, stockinette stitch and the purl side is the reverse stockinette stitch.
There are other kinds of stiches too. For instance to decrease the stitches, or bring the knitting to a halt, the â€œknit 2 togetherstitchâ€ (k2tog) is used. Since fabric cannot be cut into patterned shapes, knitters can use this method to shape their knitted piece. Another method is the slip stitch technique that is used to decrease by moving a stitch from the left needle to the right without working it. The yarn-over is for introducing holes or open work designs such as shawls which are usually porous.
Young boys have a vivid imagination and the energy to go with that. To keep them occupied is a every tired mother’s prayer and fantasy. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to keep them occupied without locking them in their rooms. Mothers of hyperactive children have found the solution in arts and crafts. Knowing how to make a paper gun falls under these solutions. Little boys (and some girls) lover making paper guns and if they shoot paper pellets, all the more better. It is very easy to make paper guns that can keep your little one occupied. It requires little amount of time and patience to make paper guns and even lesser materials to make them. In the steps below, it has been illustrated, how one can make the perfect paper gun:
To know how to make a paper gun is an art itself. Although it is simple one needs to have deft fingers to make a successful firearm.
Plain sheets of Paper (depending on how many paper guns, one wishes to make)
What to do?
- Fold an A4 size sheet in half
- Next, refold the paper twice
- Repeat the previous steps with a second piece of paper by folding them thrice
- One of the pieces of paper should be folded in half, across the width. This is the â€œbarrelâ€ of the gun
- The other paper should be folded in a 90 degree angle and at one end should be facing upward. This step should be repeated at the other end too. There should be a gap of four inches between the two ends.
- The â€œbarrelâ€ should be slid around both the 90 degrees such that they are even and aligned
- Pull it back and slide it forward to use it as a â€œsafety catchâ€ and prevent â€œaccidental dischargeâ€
For more realistic guns such as a Berretta or an Uzi there are a number of video tutorials available on the Internet or there are numerous art schools for children where one can learn to make different
objects out of different raw materials such as clay, paper, bamboo, wax and so on. All that one requires to make a paper gun (apart from paper) is glue, scissors and a little bit of patience.
Here are some additional suggestions that might make the activity more fun:
- Let the children color the paper as per their choice, so that they have a gun in their favorite color
- To hold the pieces of paper one may use glue or stapler to keep it from coming apart
- Try different varieties of paper such as origami paper or tissue paper or papier mache or scrapbook paper or notebook paper and so on.
Paper guns are the safest forms of toy guns and it can be made by any child who is not a toddler. It may require some adult supervision since scissors may be fatal but apart from that this activity will keep children from getting into mischief and knowing how to make a paper gun raises the children’s estimation of the adult.
A pinata is a formation of wet glue paper which is used to cover over the body of the pinata. It is usually made with bright colours and employed during occasions like a Mexican celebration, as an essential symbol of the countryÂ’s culture and public festivity. It is said that pinatas initially came from China and was brought to the western hemisphere by Marco Polo.
Customarily Pinatas were made in the shape of a six-pointed star filled with fruits, confectionery, and small toys but today they are created in a variety of types, shapes and sizes, such as animals, plants, and flowers. At the festivals, the pinatas are hung in the ceiling and kids who have their eyes covered, take turns to swing at the pinatas. When the pinata is hit hard enough, then it finally splits and discard the candy and toys that it had inside. By reading this article you can really learn how to create your own pinata at home.
Things you will need:
2 cups of flour
3 cups of butter
Markers, crayons or paint
Colored crepe paper
Instructions are as follows:
1. First you need to inflate the large balloon and tie the ends with a string. The balloon will outline the basic body of the pinata.
2. Create a glue for the papier-mÃ¢chÃ© with the flour and water collectively into a pot, until it forms a smooth texture. You can cook up the mixture to create a more efficient paste.
3. Use the scissors and cut the newspaper into a portion of long 1 inch thick strips and put it into the flour and water. Then carefully place the strips onto the balloon until it is covered, leaving a hole at the top. Now put it away and allow the balloon to dry.
4. Then take some more newspaper dipped in the flour and water and place another coating of newspaper on top of the balloon and let dry.
5. Then repeat this method with one more coating, and leave a hole at the top. When the paste is dry, pop it and remove the balloon.
6. Now you can paint and decorate your pinata with various designs and colors. You can also hang painted crepe paper from the side and base area.
7. Punch two small gap into the top near the hole and take a large piece of string to put inside each hole and fill the pinata (through the hole you left at the top) with sweets, toys, or any other fun surprises. You should also load it with strips of newspaper so the treats are not all in one location.
8. Once it is completed, join your pinata in the ceiling with the string and now you can start to beat the pinata.
Tips and Warnings
* When you are constructing a pinata, use your imagination and try to be as creative as you possibly can. Design your pinata into any shape you wish such as an animal, flower, and others. You can also add thick colored paper loaded with crushed up newspaper and paste or tape it to add any details to your basic pinata structure.
Please visit these links for more information on How To Make A Pinata andÂ How To Make A Pinata
Chicken Tetrazzini is a dish that has its origins in Italy. The chicken tetrazzini was introduced by a man named Tetrazzini and he ordered it in his favorite restaurant, even when the eatery didnt have it on the menu.
I. What does one need to make a delicious Chicken tetrazzini?
- 1 packet thin spaghetti
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 packs shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp sour cream
The chicken breast is first washed and then seasoned with salt and pepper. In a large pot, the boneless chicken breast until they are tender and coming apart. Next, the water is boiled for spaghetti. After the chicken breast and spaghetti are done, save the broth left over from the boiled chicken. The chicken needs to be cut into pieces. The pieces and the Â½ cup of the broth from the boiled chicken for flavour. Next, 2 tbsp of sour cream need to be added, the can of cream of mushroom soup, and 1 packet of shredded cheese. It is all stirred together to make a chicken tetrazzini casserole. Turn oven 350 F. Spoon tetrazzini mixture into casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Next, it has to be placed in oven till all the cheese has melted.
It is served best with garlic or buttered toast.
II. There are many versions of preparing Chicken Tetrazzini. For instance there is one called freezer OAMC which stands for once a month cooking. The steps for that are listed as follows:
- Break the spaghetti in half and it is to be cooked until it is almost done, drain and rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process
- The onions need to be saute until they are transparent. This may take around 10 minutes.
- The onion needs to be mixed with the rest of the raw materials and add the noodles together
- The mixture can be divided between two containers and can either be frozen or eaten immediately.
- Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 package sliced mushroom
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
3 tbsp dry sherry (optional)
Â½ teaspoon kosher salt
Â¼ coarsely ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips
Â½ pound spaghetti, broken in half and cooked according to packet directions
Â½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- The oven should be preheated to 425 F.
- The butter needs to be melted in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and saute it for approximately 4 minutes or until it turns brown. Sprinkle with flour and toss to combine. The broth needs to be introduced at this point of time. It can be cooked and stirred often until the mixture is boiling. The heat needs to be reduced and it should be allowed to simmer for 2 minutes and stirred continously. The sherry may be stirred (if in use) in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Then it needs to be removed from heat and stirred in chicken.
- The spaghetti and the chicken mixture should be combined and then tossed gently and spoon into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish or shallow 3-quart baking dish sprinkled with cheese. Should be baked till 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
Origami is the Japanese art of folding paper to make objects resembling those in real life like flowers and animals. This is achieved by folding and creasing paper without cutting or gluing the paper. It is also done by using only 1 piece of paper. The most common origami design is the Japanese paper crane. A specific paper, known as origami paper is specially used in this art but other types of paper can be used once it can hold crease well. The origami paper weighs less than regular copy paper, often white on one sided and coloured on the other. With origami, the possibilities are countless when it comes to what you can make. Once you master the skill of folding to design objects, you can advance to more complex creations. You can also add extras to your creations for instance, adding stems to your flowers. HereÂ’s how to make a simple lily.
All you need is a square piece of origami paper.
1. Lay the paper color side downward.
2. Fold it in half to form a triangle.
3. Fold it in half again to form a smaller triangle.
4. Open the fold to reveal the bigger triangle with a crease down the centre.
5. Fold the right pointed edge over to the centre. A piece should hang over the edge of the paper.
6. Do the exact thing with the left side. You should arrive at a triangle facing downward with two pointed edges to the side and a tip on the top.
7. Fold the front piece of the tip down so that colour is revealed.
8. Crease the tip at the bottom upward then reopen.
9. Slightly open the paper where the tip is and crease the tip by pushing it in and press down.
Your simple tulip is now complete!
How to make a Paper Airplane
This time you will need a rectangular sheet of origami paper.
1. Fold the paper down the middle in two equal parts the long way.
2. Take the right corner at the top and fold it over to meet the center line.
3. Repeat with the left corner. You should now have a triangular top.
4. Using the same edges that you folded in, fold in the right edge again to make a long narrow triangle.
5. Repeat with the left edge. You should now have a very pointed triangular top.
6. Fold the entire shape in the centre in two equal parts. This is now the body of the airplane.
7. Fold the right side outwards or downwards. This is the right wing.
8. Repeat with the left side which is also the left wing.
Your plane is now finished and ready to fly!
Some airplanes fly best by adding a little extra weight to its body. You may do so by adding a paperclip to the airplane.
Please visit these links for information on Origami Flower and Origami Star
Copying movies can be an expensive affair. Instead of which, indulging in some quality free DVD burning software is a better alternative. If one is looking to either create images and burn them, there are some good options too. These freewares can help clear up space on hard drive or helps to create an mp3 play list and so on. There are many options other than softwares such as Roxio and Nero, but most of them fall short.
Before knowing which are the most feasible DVD burning softwares are, it is preferable to have an idea on how to go about burning DVDs, using a software in the first place. Listed below are some steps:
- Choosing a DVD duplication software- Apart from Roxio and Nero, there are softwares such as DVD Copy Pro and DVDShrink which is a freeware DVD burning software. There are not many variations to the method of the burning a DVD
- Duplicating a CD using freeware- Even if one’s DVD is not copy protected, the material of a commercial DVD may be harder to fit on a DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW. There are numerous options that offer guidelines to burn DVDs successfully. For instance, Doom9.net for the best tips. Or a good software DVD copying software such as DVDShrink. To increase the efficiency of DVDShrink, there is a companion software too. To top it all, these softwares are easier to use.
One can use free DVD burning software to burn DVDs for free, one of which is ImgBurn. This software is one of the best free programs which can help create free DVDs on any version of Windows. The software is capable of handling all sorts of disks such as DVD, CD or blu-ray or a HD-DVD. The software works in three simple steps: first it reads existing existing disk images, then creating the disk images and ultimately burning the files to the disk.
Now there are a few steps that one can follow when one can follow to burn DVDs. The steps are listed as below:
- One’s computer needs to be checked thoroughly. In case one already has a free DVD burning software, downloading a new one can take up the much needed space. For instance, Windows DVD burners is the default one that comes with the default settings. In case one requires more features, it is advisable to remove the existing software and install a new one.
- The Internet is a good place to search for options. It has softwares which, not only burn DVDs, but also blu-rays
- It is important to find DVD copying software with features required as per need. There are different features for different softwares. So, one needs to keep into account, what features and application that he/she needs for burning a DVD.
Listed below are some of the well-know free DVD burning softwares:
- CDBurner XP Pro
- AVS Disc Creator
- DeepBurner Free Version
- Final Burner Free